Finding the Kuldevi (family goddess) based on surname involves following these steps:
- Research: Conduct thorough research on your family’s historical records, documents, and oral traditions to gather information about your ancestral lineage and surname.
- Connect with Relatives: Reach out to older family members, relatives, and elders who may have knowledge about your family’s Kuldevi and ancestral roots.
- Visit Temples: Visit temples in your ancestral region associated with your surname. Inquire with the temple priests or authorities about the Kuldevi worshipped by families with the same surname.
- Consult Experts: Seek guidance from genealogical experts, historians, or local scholars who specialize in tracing family lineages and Kuldevi traditions.
- Online Resources: Utilize online platforms, social media groups, or forums dedicated to genealogy or surname-based research. Connect with individuals who share the same surname and exchange information about Kuldevi worship.
- Community Associations: Engage with community associations or organizations specific to your surname or regional community. They may have insights or resources related to Kuldevi worship.
- Document and Preserve: Once you have identified the Kuldevi associated with your surname, document the information for future reference and share it with your family members to preserve your ancestral traditions.
Remember, the process may vary depending on the specific surname and cultural practices. It is essential to approach this search with respect and sensitivity toward your family’s customs and beliefs.