How to Enable IIS in Windows 10: Step-by-Step Guide
Follow these steps to enable Internet Information Services (IIS) on your Windows 10 PC:
1. Open Control Panel:
- Go to the Start menu, search for “Control Panel,” and open it.
2. Turn Windows Features On or Off:
- In the Control Panel, click on “Programs” and then “Turn Windows Features On or Off.”
3. Find IIS:
- Scroll down and locate “Internet Information Services” in the features list.
4. Enable IIS:
- Check the box next to “Internet Information Services” to enable it.
5. Select Additional Features (Optional):
- If required, expand “Internet Information Services” and select additional features.
6. Click OK:
- Click the “OK” button to start the installation of IIS.
7. Wait for Installation:
- Windows will install IIS on your PC. This might take a few moments.
8. Verify Installation:
- Once installed, open your web browser and type “localhost” to check if IIS is working.