Creating a Dashboard in ServiceNow
1. Define Purpose:
- Determine the specific purpose of the dashboard and the data to be displayed.
2. Identify Users:
- Understand the target audience and their requirements for the dashboard.
3. Choose Widgets:
- Select appropriate widgets like charts, graphs, and tables for data visualization.
4. Design Layout:
- Plan the layout to present data logically and aesthetically.
5. Data Source:
- Connect the dashboard to relevant data sources in ServiceNow.
6. Configure Widgets:
- Customize widgets to display data as per user needs.
7. Set Access Permissions:
- Define access permissions to control who can view the dashboard.
8. Dashboard Filters:
- Add filters to allow users to interact and analyze data dynamically.
9. Performance Optimization:
- Ensure the dashboard loads quickly and efficiently.
10. Test and Validate:
- Thoroughly test the dashboard with real data to ensure accuracy.
11. User Training:
- Provide training to users on how to use the dashboard effectively.
12. Regular Maintenance:
- Monitor the dashboard’s performance and update as needed.